[HOT] Using AI for mapping from images
Lists
2018-04-16 03:05:43 UTC
I confess that I have not looked closely at the mapping of satellite images, but I have been wondering if it is possible to accomplish much of the mapping using artificial intelligence and deep learning. Has this been looked into?
Bryan Sayer
Daniel O'Connor
2018-04-16 08:07:57 UTC
Indeed it has, both in general and specific to OSM

https://developmentseed.org/blog/2017/01/30/machine-learning-learnings/

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/AI-Assisted_Road_Tracing

The consensus seems to be 'AI assisted'; rather than '100% AI' is better
Lists
2018-04-17 01:52:24 UTC
Fascinating! I figured any AI results would need to be reviewed by humans.
Bryan Sayer

On Mon, 16 Apr. 2018, 12:37 pm Lists, <***@gmail.com> wrote:

I confess that I have not looked closely at the mapping of satellite images, but I have been wondering if it is possible to accomplish much of the mapping using artificial intelligence and deep learning. Has this been looked into?

HOT mailing list

***@openstreetmap.org