[HOT] Strange object
Henning Bolz
2018-04-15 12:17:12 UTC
Philippe Verdy
2018-04-15 12:50:43 UTC
The structure with tubes at tip of the the islet of the river looks like
some installation to filter muds in water and extract gold.
Hi Henning,
I am not clear on what the object is you are looking at?
Do you mean the water pools and pits along the south bank of that
river? If you mean those, if I had to guess, it looks like artisan
mining to me. One active area and a few small older pits. But that is
just my guess, I will be interested to find out what the local
knowledge is about it.
But that would be my first guess.
Next would be agriculture of some sort, maybe.
Cheers
blake
Hello HOT list,
while working on task #2881, i found this strange object on Bing. Does
anyone know what we are seeing here?
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/5547710324#map=14/-6.1507/23.6692
Greetings
Henning (hebolz)
Henning Bolz
2018-04-15 13:55:40 UTC
Philippe Verdy
2018-04-15 16:28:58 UTC
Diamonds (or other gems) seem unlikely, we are too far from volcanic lava
fields (diamonds and gems are formed in the Earth mantle and require hard
rocks).

Gold extraction is more likely (and the various holes around are probably
old artisanal gold mines in the deposits of the river).
The structure built on the river is more industrial and benefits from the
continuous flow of muds, and is certainly more productive without needing
digging.
@Blake: I meant the artificial, "technical"structure in the river, next to
the island (about 60-70 meters long).
@Philippe: you are right, gold or diamonds could be an explanation